There’s a special Feast this week and the following quiz tests your knowledge about it. Let’s see how many questions you can answer correctly.
- What feast day is celebrated on February 2?
(a) Sts Timothy & Titus (b) St Thomas Aquinas (c) The Presentation of the Lord (d) St Agatha
- What is another name for this feast?
(a) Candlemas (b) Feast of the Purification of the Virgin (c) The Presentation of Jesus in the Temple (d) all of the above
- What symbol is included in the liturgy celebrating this feast?
(a) candles (b) incense (c) palms (d) crucifix
- This feast celebrates the presentation of Jesus in the Temple at Jerusalem on the ____ days after His birth.
(a) 9 (b) 40 (c) 25 (d) 3
- When Jesus was presented in the Temple, there was a man whom Scripture says was just and devout and was awaiting the moment which gave rise to this feast. His name was?
(a) Joseph (b) Paul (c) Simeon (d) Mark
- What is the ‘Nunc Dimittis’?
(a) Prayer of Joseph (b) Prayer of Paul (c) Prayer of Simeon (d) Prayer of Mark
- At what time of the day is this prayer usually prayed?
(a) Morning (b) Midday (c) Evening (d) Night
- Simeon’s prophecy announces that Christ will be ‘a sign of ……’?
(a) joy (b) love (c) contradiction (d) harmony
- St John Paul II connected this feast day with the renewal of _________ vows?
(a) marriage (b) religious (c) solemn (d) everyday
- What reflection on the Rosary does this feast fall under?
(a) Sorrowful (b) Joyful (c) Luminous (d) Glorious
ANSWERS ON PAGE 2